Although the disorder is very common, most don’t even know what causes varicose veins, let alone how to prevent them. Varicose veins can be fairly dangerous if untreated – yet most won’t know what to do if it turns out they have them. As a result, this oftentimes painful disease goes untreated all over the world, even though treatment does exist. Sadly, varicose veins symptoms that go untreated may develop into blood clots. Some of these blood clots may begin to form within a vein that is situated deep inside of the body which if ruptured can cause problems within the lung or lead to a stroke or a heart attack. Uncomfortable skin ulcers and sores that won’t heal also may result from untreated varicose veins.
Because of this, it is very important that you recognize the symptoms of varicose veins and get them treated as soon as possible.
Varicose Vein Causes and Symptoms
To avoid these issues and more, here are just a few of the common symptoms varicose vein sufferers may exhibit:
• Veins that have become especially apparent with either greenish, purple or blueish tints.
• Veins that have a thick, knotted appearance that bulges beneath the surface of the skin.
• Pain and cramping sensations or a general achiness in the thigh or calf area. An overall heaviness and tiredness in the legs often accompanies varicose veins.
• Varicose veins sometimes cause a tingling or burning sensation throughout the legs, sensations which are often mistaken for “Restless Leg Syndrome” instead of a consequence of untreated varicose veins.
• An overall swelling of the legs is generally due to an insufficiency with vein function of which varicose veins are frequently the result. Venous insufficiencies are 8 to 10 times more likely to cause a swelling in the legs than any other cause.
Addressing varicose veins with one of Michigan’s experienced vein care specialists is very important as vein symptoms will only become worse if untreated and often varicose vein complications can lead to other more serious ailments if not addressed. Not only will the symptoms of varicose veins add unnecessary pain and discomfort to your life, they can make you less likely to want to participate in physical activity while making your job functions more difficult. Vein disease discomfort makes it hard for most patients to really enjoy a good night’s rest due to swelling, tingling and cramping.
Visit the Michigan Vein Care Specialists at Skin and Vein for Treatment
For proper treatment of venous diseases of all kinds including varicose veins, the Skin and Vein Center provides the very best care for optimal vein health. As some of the top-rated Michigan vein care specialists we can provide each and every patient with tailored medical treatments and follow up for a healthier veins and a greater self-confidence.