The LipoStructure fat grafting procedure is done on an outpatient basis with local anesthesia, usually a local tumescent anesthesia. The first step in LipoStructure or fat grafting is to harvest the patient’s own fat through advanced liposuction techniques that use tiny cannulas.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Fat Grafting at a Glance
- 3 About Fat Grafting?
- 4 Results
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 What is LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.2 What is the LipoStructure/Fat Grafting procedure?
- 5.3 What kind of anesthesia is used during LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.4 How can I prepare for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.5 What can I expect during LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.6 What is the recovery time for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.7 What are the risks associated with LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.8 What is the cost for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
- 5.9 Does Lipostructure/Fat Grafting permanently remove fat?
Before and After Photos
Fat Grafting at a Glance
- Preparation: none
- Procedure: Fat is harvested through advanced liposuction techniques, processed, and then re-injected into the treatment areas.
- Length of Procedure: About an hour, maybe more, depending on any additional treatment areas.
- Recovery/Downtime: Patients can usually return to their normal routine within one to two days.
- Pain: Little to none. Any pain that may be experienced can usually be alleviated with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
About Fat Grafting?
Fat is typically taken from sites such as the abdomen, flanks or thighs. Next, the treatment site is treated with the local anesthesia. The harvested fat is then injected to create a plumper, more youthful look. The entire fat grafting treatment will take about an hour; however, the time may vary if the patient is having other body contouring procedures done. This is a minimally invasive procedure, so there is minimal downtime, with most patients being able to return to normal activities after one or two days. LipoStructure is considered safer than traditional facial fillers. Because the patient’s own fat is being used as natural filler, there is no risk for any type of allergic reaction.
As we become older, we may start to lose the natural contours in our face, hands and other areas. You may also want to get rid of those acne scars that have left you with less-than-smooth skin. There is a technique that can improve and rejuvenate the look of your skin or repair defects such as those scars. LipoStructure, also known as fat transfer and breast augmentation or fat grafting, can help you attain a new, plumper, more youthful look.
If you are interested in regaining a smoother, more youthful look, or if you want to learn more about fat grafting face procedures, contact us today at The Skin & Vein Center for more information and to read about other procedures as well.
What is LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
The LipoStructure, or fat grafting, procedure can improve and rejuvenate the look of your skin, as well as contouring the face, hands, and other areas to provide a more youthful look.
What is the LipoStructure/Fat Grafting procedure?
The first step is to harvest the patient’s fat through advanced liposuction techniques. The treatment site is then injected with the harvested and processed fat.
What kind of anesthesia is used during LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
A local anesthetic will be used during the procedure.
How can I prepare for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
There is no special preparation required.
What can I expect during LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
The procedure will usually take about an hour, and is relatively pain-free.
What is the recovery time for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
Patients can usually return to their normal schedules with a day or two. Any minor pain can usually be treated with over-the-counter pain medication.
What are the risks associated with LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
There are minimal risks associated with this procedure; however, soreness or swelling may occur.
What is the cost for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting?
The cost for LipoStructure/Fat Grafting will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.
Does Lipostructure/Fat Grafting permanently remove fat?
Yes, Lipostructure/Fat Grafting does indeed permanently remove fat cells from the targeted area of the body by suctioning it out. You can learn more about post-liposuction recovery here.