When comparing liposuction to nonsurgical alternatives to weight loss, are we comparing apples to oranges?
Experts in the health field will tell you to weigh the pros and cons of each before deciding on the better alternative of the two:
Examples of nonsurgical weight loss options include ultrasound or freeze therapies. While these have been proven to work, the downside is that only small volumes of fat are removed at any given time, and it may take months before the results even begin to kick in.
On the other side of the spectrum, liposuction has been fully endorsed as one of the most popular options for weight loss.
Here’s Why Liposuction Is More Effective Than Non-Surgical Alternatives:
- More Volume of Fat Can Be Removed – and now with even smarter technologies like Smartlipo, more volumes can be removed safely and permanently during one session alone.
- Body Sculpting is Possible – surgeons can use their expertise to sculpt and tone the area as fat is removed.
- Faster, More Precise Results – the results show instantly, and surgeons can definitively keep track of how much fat was removed at any given time.
Calming the Fear of Surgery
Even though liposuction is defined as being minimally invasive, at the end of the day it’s still surgery. Nevertheless, new improvements in the technique promise better results and even higher ratings of safety. As a few examples:
- Tumescent solutions are used instead of general anaesthesia.
- Liposuction cannulas are now combined with laser technology, otherwise known as Smart Lipo. This allows surgeons to melt fat gently, causing less damage to the surrounding tissues, and increasing recovery times exponentially.
- Recovery times are low, with many patients being able to return to their routine within days of surgery. Many patients furthermore describe their experience as being virtually pain-free!
Tips on Choosing a Lipo Surgeon
When deciding on lipo surgery for weight loss, it’s also critical to choose the right surgeon, as their skill and experience can mean the difference between satisfactory results or a botched outcome.
One of the most highly recommended treatment centers offering liposuction is the Skin and Vein Center, which has been in business for more than 24 Years. To schedule a consultation with a surgeon, call 800-400-VEIN.