“Rash” is the general term for a variety of different skin conditions. Rashes usually refer to an uncomfortable change in the appearance, color, or texture of the skin. They can be triggered by environmental factors such as chemicals, exposure to the sun, and poisonous plants. Internal factors that cause rashes include medications, acne, and exposure to allergens. Continue reading for more information, or click here to find out about natural rash treatments
• Cracked, scaly skin, or blisters
• Red bumps with radiating redness
• Itching or burning, usually accompanied by red bumps
Most rashes are mild and are often treated with topical medications. However, there may be cases where rashes are a symptom for more significant skin problems such as:
• Allergic reactions to medications
• Atopic dermatitis
• Bacterial infections such as impetigo
• Contact dermatitis caused by contact with an allergen
• Chronic skin problems such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or acne
• Fungal infections, such as yeast infection and ringworm
• Viral infections such as shingles
In these cases, a more significant course of treatment may be required.
Rashes can also be an indicator of a more serious illness. If you experience a rash that does not go away for a long period of time, make an appointment at The Skin & Vein Center for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Whether you need breast rash treatment, have a rash on your neck, or need allergic reaction rash treatment, we employ some of the top dermatologists in Michigan to help you with determining the best course of treatment for your rash or other skin disorder. Give us a call today at 800-400-VEIN, to schedule a consultation.
We treat all dermatological conditions and perform everything from minor procedures to very advanced procedures including large excisions and MOHs surgery for skin cancer. We are also experts in vein treatment. We treat patients of all ages and we accept most insurances.