Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease
that causes the skin cells to grow too quickly. Because the body does not shed these extra cells, they pile up on the surface of the skin, forming lesions. Symptoms of Psoriasis
include scaly, red patches, papules, and plaques that are usually itchy.The cause of psoriasis is not fully known, however heredity plays a strong part. Psoriasis conditions have been reported to become worse when accompanied by chronic infections, stress, or changes in the seasons or climate. Excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, and obesity can also exacerbate psoriasis.
There are five types of psoriasis:
- Erythrodemeric — the redness of the skin is very intense and covers a large area
- Guttate — small, pink-red spots on the skin
- Inverse — skin irritation and redness in the armpits, groin, and areas with overlapping skin
- Pustular Psoriasis — white blisters surrounded by irritated, red skin
- Plaque — Thick red patches of skin covered by silver-white flaky scales. This is the most common type of psoriasis and appears most commonly on the lower back, elbows, knees and scalp; however, it can develop anywhere on the body.
How to Get Rid of Psoriasis
Finding an effective psoriasis treatment or a combination of treatments is often challenging. However, symptoms of psoriasis can be treated through topical, oral, or injectable treatments. Additional treatment methods include phototherapy and laser removal.
Laser removal treatments using the XTRAC Excimer laser is a new option available that can bring long-lasting effects and relief to those suffering from psoriasis. The XTRAC Excimer Laser Treatment system provides relief though targeted UV light, with the results lasting longer than traditional treatments.
You don’t have to suffer with psoriasis. Give us a call at 800-400-VEIN to schedule a consultation to find the best Psoriasis Treatment Plan for you.
We treat all dermatological conditions and perform everything from minor procedures to very advanced procedures including large excisions and MOHs surgery for skin cancer. We are also experts in vein treatment. We treat patients of all ages and we accept most insurances.