|Injectable Fillers: At a Glance|
|Procedure||A small needle is used to inject natural filler to create the desired fullness|
|Preparation||A topical anesthetic cream may be applied to numb the treatment area|
|Length of Procedure||A few minutes to a half hour, with approximately a half hour for the numbing cream to take effect|
|Recovery or Downtime||No downtime. Some swelling, redness or tenderness at the injection site may be experienced for a few hours|
Restore Facial and Hand Volume
*Individual Results May Vary
Injectable fillers are commonly used to reduce facial lines, wrinkles and facial imperfections such as laugh lines, lipstick lines, smoker’s lines, and wrinkles at the corners of the mouth. They are also used to plump the lips, and are often done with other procedures like face lifts and neck lifts.
Common fillers are Juvederm in Michigan, Restylane, Perlane, and Radiance. Depending on your desired result, the professionals at Skin & Vein Center will recommend the best injectable, such as Juvederm, in Michigan. Our list of fillers at Skin & Vein include:
Each of these fillers works slightly different, in order to treat many different types of facial lines and wrinkles. For a comparison of the different types of facial filler, see our facial filler comparison guide.
Injectable Fillers Preparation, Procedure and Aftercare
Before your treatment, you will be instructed to stop using any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, aspirin, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E. These supplements and medications can increase bleeding and bruising. Also, tell us about any previous facial cold sores, as we can prescribe medication to minimize the chance of recurrence.
An anesthetic cream will be applied to the area to reduce possible discomfort. A small needle is inserted and then the proper amount of filler is injected into the treatment area.
After any minor swelling subsides, a follow-up treatment may be required to refine the results.
You can return to your regular routine immediately after treatment. You may experience some redness and tenderness at the injection site; however, these symptoms will normally disappear within a few hours. If you are interested in Skin And Vein Cosmetic procedures, such as lip injections in Michigan or other injectable fillers, please contact us for your consultation!
Lip Injections Michigan FAQ
- What is lip enhancement?
- Injectable fillers are used to enhance and plump the lips, as well as reduce wrinkles and lines around the mouth. Common fillers are Juvederm, Radiance, Restylane, and Perlane. We also use Silicone lip implants for permanent enhancement.
- Who is a good candidate for lip enhancement?
- Anyone who is looking for fuller lips and/or reduction of the look of lines and wrinkles around the mouth is a good candidate for lip enhancement.
- What is the lip enhancement procedure?
- A small needle will be used to inject the chosen filler to create a fuller look.
- What kind of anesthesia is used during lip enhancement?
- An anesthetic cream will be used to numb the area.
- How can I prepare for lip enhancement?
- Before the procedure, you will be required to stop any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, aspirin, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E to reduce bleeding or bruising.
- What can I expect post-procedure?
- You may experience some swelling, redness, or tenderness that will usually alleviate itself after a few hours.
- What is the recovery time for lip enhancement?
- You can return to your normal routine immediately.
- What are the risks associated with lip enhancement?
- While risks and complications are uncommon, they include prolonged swelling or bleeding, lip asymmetry, lumps or irregularities, ulcerations or scarring, allergic reaction, or infection.
- What is the cost for lip enhancement?
- The cost for lip enhancement will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.