|Botox: At a Glance|
|Procedure||A series of extremely small injections|
|Length of Procedure||Approximately five minutes per treatment area|
|Recovery or Downtime||None|
|Pain||Little to none. You may experience slight tenderness at the injection site or a mild headache|
|Results||Wrinkle-free, smooth skin with a youthful appearance that allows your natural expressions to show through.|
Let Those Frown Lines Disappear With Botox in Michigan
As you age, you start to notice some changes — a deepening of the creases in your brow and forehead, and crinkling around your eyes.
Botox can help reverse the signs of aging by smoothing and erasing frown lines, crow’s feet and other facial wrinkles. You will see a firm, more youthful look, while still maintaining your natural facial expressions.
What is Botox?
Botox is a safe muscle-relaxing agent derived from Botulinum. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration, it has many different applications, though it is known best for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is also used to treat migraine headaches, excessive sweating, and neurological and ophthalmological disorders.
How Does Botox Work, and What Do I Do To Prepare?
There is no preparation for Botox, other than identifying the areas to be treated. During a pre-procedure consultation, your provider will ask you to smile or frown to determine the natural movement of your face. A topical anesthetic may be applied; however, most people do not require this because there is little to no discomfort during the procedure.
Using a micro needle, an extremely small amount of Botox is injected into the designated areas, with each area taking about five minutes to treat. There is virtually no after-care required with Botox. Any minor bruising can be covered with makeup. You can drive yourself to and from your appointment, as well as returning immediately to your regular schedule and activities.
While you may experience irritation at the injection site or a temporary headache, other side effects are quite rare. Possible side effects will depend on the muscles being treated. In very rare cases, individuals have reported a temporary weakness in the injection area, a drooping of the eyelid, or asymmetry of facial expressions. However, because Botox is temporary, any side effects will also be temporary.
For more information about Botox, Michigan Skin and Vein Center can help. Call today to learn more about our Botox cosmetic procedures.
- Who is a candidate for Botox?
- Candidates for Botox include those seeking reduction of the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, as well as those suffering from excessive sweating, migraines, and neurological and ophthalmological disorders.
- How can I prepare for Botox?
- There is no preparation required.
- What is the cost?
- The cost for Botox will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.
- What are the risks associated with Botox?
- You may experience irritation at the injection site or a headache; however, other side effects are rare.
- What is the recovery time for Botox?
- There is virtually no downtime with Botox.
- What can I expect post-procedure with Botox?
- You will experience a smoother, wrinkle-free look within three to five days.
- What is Botox?
- Botox is a safe, muscle-relaxing agent derived from Botulinum. It is used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It is also used to treat excessive sweating, migraine headaches, and ophthalmological and neurological disorders.
- What is the Botox procedure?
- A micro-needle is used to inject small amounts of Botox into the treatment area.
- What kind of anesthesia is used with Botox?
- A topical anesthetic may be applied; however, most patients do not require this.