The Facial Thermage laser treatment is a non-invasive safe method that has been clinically proven to tighten, contour, and rejuvenate facial skin to restore a more youthful appearance.
This procedure uses the ThermaCool system, an FDA-cleared treatment that uses a unique form of Capacitive Radiofrequency (CRF) that tightens existing collagen, while also stimulating new collagen production. Immediate results occur, with continued improvement for up to six months. Some reports indicate that the results can last for years.
What is the Thermage Facial Treatment?
The procedure is performed using the ThermaCool handheld device. It briefly touches the skin to deliver the CRF energy deep below the skin. The deep heating action causes the skin and underlying tissue to immediately tighten. Over the next few months, new collagen is created to further tighten the skin. The patient will feel a short, deep heating sensation when the CRF energy is delivered. To protect the skin and for the comfort of the patient, the skin’s surface is cooled before, during, and after each application of the CRF energy.
Depending on the size of the area being treated, the Thermage facial treatment can take anywhere between 20 minutes or up to two hours. A single treatment can produce wanted results; however depending upon your desired results and needs, you may require additional treatments.
The Thermage laser procedure is considered very safe, with very few side effects reported. Some patients have reported swelling, redness, bumps or blisters; however, these have disappeared in just a few days or weeks.
Call us today for a complimentary consultation about facial Thermage in Michigan and its benefits.
- What is Thermage?
- Thermage is a safe, non-invasive method to tighten, contour, and rejuvenate facial skin to restore a youthful appearance.
- Who is a good candidate for Thermage?
- Thermage is a good option for all skin types and colors, so it is optimal for anyone who wants to eliminate sagging skin and wrinkles.
- What is the Thermage procedure?
- The procedure uses the ThermaCool handheld device, which briefly touches the skin to deliver Capacitive Radiofrequency (CRF) energy deep below the skin. This heating action will cause the skin and underlying tissue to tighten immediately. New collagen production will be stimulated to further tighten skin over the next few months.
- What kind of anesthesia is used during Thermage?
- Thermage usually does not require any anesthetic.
- How can I prepare for Thermage?
- There are no special preparations required for Thermage.
- What can I expect during Thermage?
- Your skin’s surface will be cooled prior to the procedure for comfort. You will feel a short, deep heating sensation as the CRF energy is delivered.
- What can I expect post-procedure?
- You should see immediate, subtle results, with additional effects occurring over the next few months.
- What is the recovery time for Thermage?
- There is little to no downtime associated with the Thermage treatment.
- What are the risks associated with Thermage?
- Although rare, risks include redness, swelling and blisters, which generally disappear within a few days or weeks.
- What is the cost for Thermage?
- The cost for Thermage will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.
*Individual Results May Vary