Skin care is considered an important part of a beauty or healthcare regime. There are so many external elements such as pollution and sun, in addition to internal conditions such as acne or aging that can affect the look of the skin. As such, many people use microdermabrasion acne scars procedures as routinely as they see the hairdresser.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that is safe for most skin types. It is also a great alternative for individuals who may be allergic to some chemicals.
The microdermabrasion procedure gently takes out the outer layer of dead skin cells, leaving the skin fresher, smoother, softer to the touch, and rejuvenated through collagen stimulation. Microdermabrasion is also an effective acne scar treatment.
Microdermabrasion Acne Scars Treatment | Preparation, Procedure and Aftercare
*Individual Results May Vary
During your first consultation, you may be given a skincare regime that will help prepare your skin for the procedure.
During our Michigan microdermabrasion procedure, a hand-held wand is waved over your face, emitting micro-crystals that are actually polishing your skin. An accompanying vacuum motion will help slough off the dead top layer of skin to leave your skin flake-free, glowing, and renewed.
After the treatment, your face may be treated with special products to moisturize your skin. It is also suggested that you follow a skin care regime that includes using sunblock with an SPF of 15 or greater.
While you will see immediate results after just one session, microdermabrasion has a cumulative effect. To achieve and maintain smooth and clear skin, multiple and regular treatments are recommended. Trust us; if you’re looking for an amazing skin procedure, or the best scar treatment, Microdermabrasion is for you! If you want to learn about how microdermabrasion heals acne scars or any other dermatology procedures, contact us today!
*Individual Results May Vary
- What is microdermabrasion?
- The microdermabrasion procedure removes the outer layer of dead skin cells, to reveal fresher, smoother, and softer skin. It also rejuvenates collagen production.
- Who is a good candidate for microdermabrasion?
- Candidates for microdermabrasion include anyone who wants a clearer, cleaner look to the skin.
- What is the microdermabrasion procedure?
- A hand-held wand is waved over your face, emitting micro-crystals that will polish your skin. A gentle vacuum will also be used to slough off the dead top layer of skin.
- What kind of anesthesia is used during microdermabrasion?
- No anesthetic is required for the procedure.
- How can I prepare for microdermabrasion?
- You may be given a skin care regime to prepare your skin for microdermabrasion.
- What can I expect post-procedure?
- After the procedure, your face may be treated with special products to moisturize the skin. You may also be given a skin care regime that includes sunscreen.
- What is the recovery time for microdermabrasion?
- There is little to no downtime for microdermabrasion.
- What are the risks associated with microdermabrasion?
- Few risks are associated with microdermabrasion; however, dark or light patches can occur.
- What is the cost for microdermabrasion?
- The cost for microdermabrasion will be discussed at the time of the pre-operative visit.